Translate

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tesla Greatest Hits Album cover re-do

I redesigned this album cover as I felt the original cover (located here: https://teslatheband.com/estore/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=142 )
while a capable piece of work didn't truly reflect the kind of energy and fun I expect out of the band.
I explored Adobe Illustrator using pen tool outlining to recreate Mr. Sun, as well as fills and gradients and the star tool. I then grabbed my digital camera and a small blue mixing bowl and went outside anf filled it with rocks and took a picture of it and imported it into PS. Then inside photoshop I entered the text, drop shadowed much and recreated the various elements on the original "raisin bran" cereal box that this image imitates as well as used layer blending, various fonts, outline glows, the lasso tool, magic wand and some other tools to create this finished unit. The original image is the cereal box design for Kellog's Raisin Bran.

No comments:

Post a Comment