Translate

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A missed moment.


This morning on the way to work I saw several picturesque qualities to the sky and air. I try to keep a camera with me as much as possible, but, true to form, I didn't have a camera ready today.

There was a glistening fog today. The temperatures were well below zero. The sun was coming up over the local hills and the fog had a double rainbow. An unusual double rainbow as they weren't very long or tall I should say. And then on top of that, as the sun hid behind the mountains, the most amazing sundog stretched way up into the sky, and it only lasted a couple minutes and was gone.

I made a mistake again as usual. No camera, and I was a little bit late to work, so I wouldn't have had time anyway to stop and take the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment